Signed in as:
Signed in as:
A 14-year-old was recently raped in South Delhi's Govindpuri neighbourhood. She was attacked repeatedly by the accused as a consequence of which she got pregnant.
The victim’s parents had approached Hamari Pahchan when they noticed that their 14 year old daughter was six months pregnant. As soon as Hamari Pahchan team was informed about the heinous episode, they verified all the accusations and then took action.
First and foremost, an FIR was lodged against the accused.
Our organization came forward to help the victim and her family financially including provisions for her medical condition and counselling treatments.
The issue was taken to Maheish Girri, Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha East Delhi Parliamentary Constituency. He took an instant notice to the matter and helped us by informing about the same to Mr. Najeeb Jung (the then, Lieutenant Governor
Thankfully, we were able to raise enough awareness of her situation that she eventually received the justice she deserved. The accused is currently behind bars, and
a reputable family has
adopted the child.
· Launch of the Parivartan Scheme
· Provision of Women Help Desks at Police Stations
· Organization of Women Safety Committee meetings
· Meet ups with all the other NGOs in the area
· Launch of the Neighbourhood watch scheme
· Deployment of trained female staff within various communities.
· Public awareness programmes such as awareness lectures, screening of short documentaries
· Door to door policing by female officers in order to address the grievances of local women
· Training and sensitization of male personnel
· Organization of interactive initiatives and activities to sensitize the community and also obtain their feedback/suggestions.
· Forming Women safety communities to widely disseminate the Parivartan campaign which will provide a forum for Women to register their complaints as well as discuss community issues
· Organization of self-defence training programs to empower women and girls
· Motivating women and girls to report the cases of sexual assault
· Sensitization of male police personnel with regard to crime against women and girls.